Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2024 applications are now being accepted. The Canadian Government’s graduate student scholarship is another name for the Vanier Canada Scholarship. Georges P. Vanier, a Canadian soldier and the first governor general, was honoured with the initiative by the Canadian government. This year, 166 PhD scholarships will be given out in Canada to graduates who have demonstrated exceptional talent, competence, and intelligence and who choose to pursue higher study there while also contributing to society. All foreign students, as well as Canadian citizens and permanent residents, are eligible for Canadian government scholarships.
The grant is available for doctoral programmes, MA/PhD, MD/PhD, and master’s degrees that lead to PhDs. The three-year Vanier CGS 2024 financing period includes a 50,000 dollar award for each of the three years of the PhD program.
- Health Science
- Natural science and engineering
- Social science and humanities
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship eligibility requirements:
- Both the applicant and the institution making the nomination must adhere to the conditions.
- International students, Canadian citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are all eligible.
- They must enroll at Canadian institutions full-time and be beginning their PhD program.
- Additionally, under the Vainer CGS universities quota, they can only be nominated by one institution or university.
- Candidates must have the intention of enrolling in a doctorate program full-time during the academic year after the results release or the summer semester.
- The award is open to those enrolled in dual professional degree programs such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD. However, only the PhD program will be funded.
Benefits of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships include:
- $50,000 will be awarded annually for the three years of the PhD programme through the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships.
- The award comes close to covering the cost of living and tuition in Canada for a student.
- A chance to study at a prestigious Canadian university of the applicant’s choice.
- With the Vanier Canada graduate scholarships, recipients will have the chance to travel to Canada at no cost.
Documents need for Vanier CGS:
- An application for ResearchNet.
Common CV in Canada (CCV/Resume).
a letter of nomination that is no more than two pages.
- College transcripts.
- Maximum length for the personal leadership statement is two pages for English applicants and 2.5 pages for French submissions.
- Two references to leadership letters that are little longer than two pages each.
- Maximum length for a research proposal is two pages for English applications and 2.5 pages for French applications.
- Five pages or less for project references.
contributions from researchers of no more than one page.
- CLICK HERE for more details of the requirements.
Deadline: November 1, 2023