The Commonwealth PhD Scholarships programme, supported by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), offers exceptional and driven people the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities required for sustainable development. Those who would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK are the target audience. The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the biggest and most distinguished international scholarship programmes in the world. Over 30,000 people have received a Commonwealth scholarship or fellowship since it was founded in 1959; of these, 28,500 were paid for by the UK government through the UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
The following are the advantages of 2024 Commonwealth PhD Scholarships:
- Airfare from the applicant’s home nation to the UK and back at the end of the scholarship must be approved.
- The authorised tuition costs are covered by the fully financed PhD fellowship.
- Students attending universities in the London metropolitan region will get a stipend (living allowance) of £1,347 or £1,652 per month.
- The fully financed international student grant also offers a warm clothing allowance if necessary.
- A study travel grant will also be given to applicants.
- If authorised, a contribution will be made towards the expense of conducting fieldwork abroad (the price of one round-trip ticket in economy).
- Allowances for a spouse, kid, or midterm visit (including travel) to the student’s home country, if applicable, during the scholarship.
- Family stipends.
Qualifications for 2024 Commonwealth PhD Scholarships:
- The applicant must be a citizen of a Commonwealth nation that is qualified, have been granted refugee status, or be under British protection.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth nation.
- They must be able to begin academic studies in the UK in September 2024, the beginning of the UK academic year.
- A appropriate postgraduate qualification (a master’s degree) and a first degree with at least upper second-class honours (2: 1) or a second-class degree (2: 2) are also requirements for applicants as of September 2024.
- They cannot be enrolled in a PhD or MPhil leading to a PhD programme in a UK institution.
PhD Program Timeline:
The three-year length of the fully funded UK Commonwealth Scholarships is for PhD candidates.
Country: United Kingdom
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
The deadline is October 17, 2023.