The Global Korean Government Scholarship (GKS) for International Students is a project known as GKS 2024. The program’s goal is to give foreign students the opportunity to pursue higher education at renowned Korean institutions. The goal of the Global Korea Scholarship is to improve the flow of students between participating nations and Korea in worldwide higher education.
Timing of the Programme
- Associate’s degree: 2-3 years of study plus one year of Korean language instruction.
- Undergraduate Degree: 4-6 years of academic study plus one year of Korean language instruction
Global Korea Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Except for Korean citizens, students from all around the world are eligible to apply for the fully financed Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarship to study in South Korea.
- No Korean or dual citizenship is permitted for applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree holders are not eligible to apply.
- Only those with associate degrees are eligible to apply for the bachelor’s programme.
- The CGPA requirement for international students is greater; the score percentile must be 80% or higher. This indicates that they must have a CGPA of 2.64 or higher.
- The applicant must be younger than 25 years old. Both physically and emotionally healthy students are required.
- The English Language Requirements/Certificates should be submitted.
- Finally, candidates cannot have a criminal history.
GKS Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits for 2024:
- Students will receive a full tuition fee free.
- When they arrive in Korea, selected students will receive a Resettlement Allowance.
- Each student accepted into the programme will receive a monthly stipend as well as a medical stipend.
- Students will receive round-trip economy class airline tickets.
- Additionally, the Korean government will offer free one-year Korean language lessons to students.
- Award for Outstanding Korean Language Proficiency Dissertation Printing Fees.
- After the programme is over, a completion grant is given.
HOW TO APPLY FOR GKS
- Country: South Korea
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded